Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Family Secret Recipe

My aspiring chef, my almost-there-just-a-few-more-weeks-until-he-turns 5 year old son has shared our family secret recipe for the perfect turkey dinner at Thanksgiving.

You think you have to slave over an oven for HOURS and baste and re-baste the bird, right?

Wrong!

I'll translate below in case you can't read it:



How does Mom or Dad prepare and cook the turkey?


"My Mom cooks the turkey. She puts it in the oven for 3 minutes. Then my mom squeezes the juice out. Then my mom cuts the meat and takes the bones out. Then we eat it."

Hey, listen, he may not know about how long it takes to cook a turkey yet but he's finally starting to color inside the lines on his drawings. And that is an accomplishment, I tell you. We were going to start calling him "Scribble Master A".

And who knows, I may give his recipe a shot this year - and then promptly blog from the hospital bed with food poisoning...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!

1 comment:

Whirlwind said...

I LOVE IT! ANd I did something I hate, poisted a comment on FB as opposwed to here - sorry!

I need to pull Einey's out from 1st grade. I wonder if Meenie's class did it yet this year? I'll have to sneak a peek in a little while when we go over for Thanksgiving lunch today.