Friday, June 29, 2012

It has been a long, long journey

Oh, this blogging trip. What a long journey.

First was the road of trepidation.
Then the street of uncertainty.
Which lead us down a dead end of ideas.

But I hooked myself up to a new wagon and decided I needed to "make" time to put the thoughts in my head, and at my fingertips, down on paper (which is so not true because this is not paper, but "down on computer screen" doesn't sound right!).

Our world over the past 9 months has been full of milestones and adventures. A winter that never arrived (fine by me!). End of another school year, beginning of another summer.

The hardest hurdle was the loss of this awesome little guy:


I still tear up when I discover pictures like this on the computer. He loved Christmas chaos and this year will be especially difficult when Santa doesn't leave a stocking for our four legged friend. It will be a while before we think about adopting another dog. We miss you Coach.

On a happier note, Abby isn't terrified of the dentist any longer. What? That's not a big enough deal to blog about? I totally disagree...because back then, I never thought we'd be in and out of a dentist office in 30 minutes! Yesterday she proved me wrong. She is turning into a lovely  young lady who will be 10 this year and that just freaks me out the point that I am unable to catch my breath....breathe, breathe. Where does time go??

And our big man Alex has the attitude of a 14 year old but the coordination of a 7 year old which is proving to be interesting. Slow down little man...you'll be a "big kid" soon enough. He has taken a liking to hockey and baseball and was fortunate enough to go to baseball camp for a week in June when the temperatures hit 100 degrees. Such a lucky kid --- not! What are the odds that the "early" week of camp would lend itself to late July temps? He was a trooper and never asked to skip it or quit. I didn't relax for a moment, terrified he'd pass out in left field. It.Was.So.Hot!

Hubby got a well deserved pat-on-the-back at work. He's worked hard for 6 years and it was dutifully recognized. I'm so proud of him for his display of work ethic which I hope the kids understand and emulate one day - because right now they run far way from anything that looks or smells like hard work!

Me? I'm just me...working with some great clients with this great team. What started out as a "let's see how it goes" has turned into a "let's see how it grows".  My business partner and colleagues are amazing. Every week is a new adventure and opportunity so I am just blessed to be a part of it.

So, how are you?? We should get coffee some time. OK, that's a lie.  I don't drink coffee, but I never pass up a glass of wine so let's make time, shall we?

1 comment:

Reff said...

Glad to see you writing again! ;-)