Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Fall of '10

I still get freaked out on occasion that I'm living in a new century where the numbers start all over again.  '01, '02, '03...'10

People are going to ask, "So, what did you do in the Fall of '10?"  *shivers*  I guess because my grandmother was born in '26 and the next '26 is not all that far off...sort of...and then we'll be like "Which '26 do you mean?" when we ask a question.

Ok, no we won't because anyone alive in 2026 will be 100 and it will be real obvious which '26 we are talking about when we ask them a question.

But to answer my own question, the Fall of '10 is going to be my season of change. Not just little, minor changes like try to be more creative on Halloween.  Or, plant next years perennials before the frost.

I'm talking big changes. Changes that I hope will put me on a new course, in a new direction, and get me excited to wake up to the darkness every day to get going. (Am I overdoing it?)

What do you have planned for the Fall of '10?  I hope it's something that crackles your leaves and gets you excited.  If I've learned anything from the Summer of '10, it's that time slips away too fast to be stuck in the same routine...you gotta mix it up a bit every once and while to stay alive.

Happy First Day of Autumn!

(Photo taken by my friend's husband. His photos can be found at http://miketully.smugmug.com)

No comments: