Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out of the mouth's of Babes

Fairly Odd Mother's recent post on the 3 swear words her daughter so proudly learned got me thinking to some of the things I've overheard coming out of my own kid's mouths recently. They include:

"Holy Crap!" - daughter when faced with a tricky putting green at mini-golf.

"No valid dicks" - daughter when DVD wouldn't start - we think she meant no valid disc.

"I don't like you! You're mean! I don't want to go to bed! *pause* COME GIVE ME A KISS GOODNIGHT, MOMMY!" - daughter screaming at me after pitching a fit at bed time. No matter how mad she is, there is always a kiss.

"Santa Claus is watching, right? So I don't think she's getting any toys this year. But I've been good, right?" - son after watching his sister pitch a fit at bed time.

"Boom! Bang! Fiyah Powah!" - son's new phrase he learned at school. We assume it's the scene from the Night at the Museum movie.

"I didn't fall out of bed. I was sleeping on the floor because the cat was in my bed." - son this morning when asked why we found him laying on the floor. Our cat just isn't that big. In fact, he has stuffed animals in his bed that are much bigger.

2 comments:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Awesome esp "no valid dicks". One of my son's favorite things to say is "I love you too much." Crumbles my heart into a million pieces every time.

Whirlwind said...

Yes- Night at the Museum. My girls picked that up at soccer or school and it wasn't until I took them to see the movie recently that I finally realized where it came from.

My girls have been good with the swear words, but have been very stern with me for uttering damn....