1. Deviled eggs is not the appetizer of choice for grown ups. They prefer things with goat cheese, scallops and pesto served on crostinis. And served in a dozen, not in Costco quantities.
2. Candlesticks look pretty when you light them - with fire.
3. Wine glasses are not always 12 ounces. And when you try to pour the wine once with the cork still in it, you really shouldn't try to pour it twice with the cork still in it. You look foolish (or drunk).
4. Plates do come in something other than paper or plastic. And served warm make for a toasty surprise.
5. Silverware is silver - and includes more than a fork and knife.
6. Soup served before a meal is awesome - especially served in cute teacups and not made from a can.
7. You don't have to cram everyone in your kitchen. Suggesting you "move to the living room and sit by the fire" works - and if you bring your crostinis and wine bottles in there, people will follow.
8. No matter how fancy the party, if you put two Moms together at a table the topic of childbirth always surfaces.
9. When chocolate souffle arrives at the table for dessert, and you know it's chocolate souffle, don't try to be witty and ask what it's called like someone might randomly rename it. You look foolish (or drunk).
10. Adults use their dining room tables to dine, not collect mail, old newspapers and junk.