Monday, May 23, 2011

How do you like them...errr...strawberries?

I failed as a home gardener - mainly because I hate weeding and also I didn't enjoy all the bugs that accompany vegetable plants. Last summer I was amazed by some perennial tomatoes that regrew after a fairly mild winter of '09 (that was kind of cool). However, in the summer of '10 I gave up on beans, lettuce, asparagus and herbs and was happy with the tomatoes and a few strawberries that sprouted up out of a strawberry pot we bought - that was about this size:


After the 6 feet of snow melted in our back yard, I noticed something happening in the "garden"...and I'm not sure what to do about it...


It seems my little strawberry pot spawned some friends and now I have a strawberry garden.  Who says I can't grow my own food????  Anyone need jam?  I suspect that will be my next "do-it-yourself" project. Lord help me.

No comments: