Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hair's looking at you kid

My daughter is approaching the age of 6 1/2 this summer, and I think she's had less haircuts than that. My curly princess doesn't have hair that grows terribly fast, or long, just curly. And curlier. And curlier. To the point where you can't always see her face:



So, I was thrilled over the weekend when, FINALLY, she sat at the sink at a hair salon (ok, Great Clips, but for $8.99 you can't go wrong!) and let them wash her curly locks to get a little trim:





You'd think I would have documented her first haircut (which I didn't because I'm a horrible memory-making Mom) but this event was far greater. No more spray bottles full of water wetting down her hair. And the poor just-out-of-hairdressing-school hairdressers trying to comb through her hair as she wiggles in pain. This was a soft, conditioned head of hair that the nice young lady could work with.

Abby said she liked her. I think it was the purple shirt. Whatever makes it work is fine by me!

No comments: