Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Si habla espanol?

Nope. Not me. Not a word of it. Well, except cheese (queso), beer (cerveza) and milk (leche). And we leave for Puerrrrtooo Rico on Saturday. I spell it that way because that's how it sounds in my head.

I can't wait, actually. Hubby's Dad and Step-Mom live there with 2 half brothers and a half sister. Must I refer to them that way? We'll just call them siblings. And those siblings all have children ranging in age from 2 - 16. Which means....built in babysitters. Which means....I can relax.

But I won't understand when they say one of my kids is rotten. Or fresh. Or hurt. But I won't care. I'll just sit under a Banana Tree and pluck a fruit or two down for a snack and smile. Because I'll be in Puerrrrtooo Rico for the long weekend + a few days and will only check on the kids to be sure they are lathered in sunscreen and drinking plenty of water.

Hasta la vista. I don't think they allow blogging on the island. Sorry.

1 comment:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Can't wait to hear how your trip was! Have fun!!