Monday, May 17, 2010

Friends and family and Bloggers...oh my!

I can honestly say this weekend was perhaps my most favorite weekend so far in 2010. No offense if we've had fun together this year, but I really enjoyed my weekend. It was the perfect mix of relaxing and chaotic, with a dose of silly thrown in for good measure.

Friday I met two of my former colleagues for a girl's lunch and we caught up on all the fun gossip and stories. Can't beat gossip! Plus, I hadn't had a lunch date in a long time so it felt great to get out of the house.

That evening I tortured my daughter by insisting we go to a Pizza place for dinner because we had to be quick so we could run errands, including buying birthday gifts for 100  kids (ok, only 2) and my kids wanted to buy something with left over gift cards from Christmas (out of sight out of mind makes for fun 5 months later).  But she can't fathom not going to a sit down restaurant.  Who spoiled that child? 

Saturday was gorgeous out!  Little breezy but little man got his uniform for T-Ball.


Go BRAVES!  Smart organizers for T-Ball don't put anyone on a Red Sox or Yankees team in an effort to keep the peace. My guy still cried when he found out he couldn't be a Yankee...I know, that's all sort of messed up since we live in Boston.

Saturday night I met some bloggers in real life! That's right, in the flesh!  Including my dear friend of over 10 years, FairlyOddMother, who apparently knows nothing about me - no, I do not live in Mendon and did not work for State Street.

Then this awesome lady always cracks me up over In the Trenches of Mommyhood.  As does Chicky Chicky Baby who not only can make you laugh but can roll her "r" pretty good for a white chick.

I was thrilled to meet some new fabulous ladies including  Bossy herself, Shes Just Another Manic Mommy (and we share a name) and Angela who blogs as MommyBytes and insists she's seen me before, to which I promptly responded, "They promised they burned that tape."

After sleeping off my 1:30 a.m. arrival home on Sunday morning, I did nothing the rest of the day. Yeah. You read that correctly. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Ok, I ran to BJ's for milk and gas. Then promptly sat my behind down outside and did nothing...ok, I weeded the garden and mulched a little.

But that's all. Nothing else. Ok, ok! I may have trimmed all the long grass along the house and fence. But that's it!

The kids played so well all day - and then in the afternoon had a water balloon fight with their Dad which they were still laughing and talking about a bed time. Took an hour to get them filled, and 30 seconds to throw them all, but they loved it!

So you see, it appears the spring of 2010 is turning out to be pretttty good around here. I hope you had a nice weekend as well. Here's to continuing the trend: *Clink*


2 comments:

Sarahviz said...

Absolutely! Thanks for the laughs! When are we doing it again?!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Oh, it was a good time! Even if I can't remember who anyone is after one drink. Hope you had a lovely day in Mendon!