Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Number 44

So, NBC spent the morning referring to George H. Bush as "Number 41"...I found that odd. Obviously, that makes Barack Obama "Number 44". But I decided that when you're President, I guess it doesn't matter what the media calls you, it's what the people call you. Today I heard, and read, how people are calling President Obama by names like Hope, Change, Strength, Poise and Hero.

And no matter what happens tomorrow, next month, next year or 46 months from now, I will remember how Barack Obama was exactly what our country needed on January 20, 2009. His inauguration touched and inspired millions to brave the cold temperatures on this special day, shoulder to shoulder, and millions more at home, work and school to tune in to witness history.

It's simple. See the possibilities that lie ahead. Don't glance back. You can never change what happened yesterday, but you can dream about and help build what can happen tomorrow.

If you are like my son who calls the President "Brack", or my daughter who loves to say his name over and over, if you call him Number 44, it doesn't matter. Just remember he's just one man and we are a whole nation so let's pledge to help, however small, however possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading what you write. It always puts a smile on my face and I am reminded as to why I am so proud calling you my family.

I love you and your views.
Tam