Monday, May 12, 2008

Ah-choooooo

I refuse to get sick. For a week now my throat has been itchy, I have been sneezing, my ears are blocked and I seem to get very congested at night.

I can't be sick. It must be allergies. It looks like it's snowing outside my window because of all the pollen floating through the air and my car is no longer gray but green. I don't have time to be sick this week. I have meetings, a trip to my office in Amherst, MA, a play date with friends we haven't seen in a while and a birthday party to attend. Plus, all the Mother's in the neighborhood corroborated my story because they said the weather man on TV said it has been the worst allergy season in years - so it must be true! Mother's never lie!

Maybe if I sing like my children do when they want something to change, it will happen:

Pollen, pollen, go away
Come again some other day

Ugh. Time to open another box of tissue.

No comments: