Friday, May 30, 2008

Ordinary People

My husband won't believe this when he reads it, but I don't think I'm going to renew my subscription to People magazine - I can hear him GASP.

I've been addicted to celebrity gossip for a while now, but I'm realizing that the gossip, well, isn't that gossipy any more. Miley Cyrus posed for a picture - so what? Shania Twain is getting a divorce - my Dad told me that marriage wouldn't last years ago when he used to sell her albums. Angelina's pregnant again - I should have been so lucky to conceive on the drop of a hat.

And the photos in the magazine are no longer of celebrities at benefits or concerts or la-tee-da events but of them walking. Walking through airports. Walking down the street in NYC. Walking down the street in LA. Walking out of the grocery store. Walking into and out of restaurants. Who cares? So they can walk - what's the big deal?

I guess it's time to grow out of my teenage obsession with celebrity gossip and start spending more time with my neglected magazines like Cooking Light and Woman's Day - and I can always read those while Access Hollywood is on in the background.

1 comment:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I miss getting People but, you are right, so much of the celeb news is YAWN!!