Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cougar on the loose

I think I found a cougar in the making...and I'm still not sure if I like the term "cougar" or if I find it offensive.

As we were leaving preschool yesterday, I noticed this blur out of corner of my eye as a tall, lanky, jumper-wearing girl came shooting across the playground and wrapped her arms around my son.

Alex's face lit up as she gave him a long hug goodbye.

"How old is he?" she asked me directly.

"Almost 4." I responded

"Oh, I'm 5 and 1/2."

"Do you have a little brother, too?" I had to figure out why she was smothering my son and my first thought was that she missed her little brother at home.

"No. I have a sister. She's 19." And with that statement she took off like a flash back to the jungle gym. Hmmm...I'll have to keep my eye on that one!

No comments: