Thursday, July 17, 2008

Donkey..no, Elephant...no, Donkey

Arrrgggh! I will admit that I have been one of those flip floppers this Presidential campaign season. I really, deep down in my heart, believe I'm a Democrat. However, lately I have been questioning some of the basics of that party, but after reading the speech given by Al Gore about the state of our energy crisis, I think I'm sticking with the asses in November.

In part, he said:

"I don’t remember a time in our country when so many things seemed to be going so wrong simultaneously. Our economy is in terrible shape and getting worse, gasoline prices are increasing dramatically, and so are electricity rates. Jobs are being outsourced. Home mortgages are in trouble. Banks, automobile companies and other institutions we depend upon are under growing pressure. Distinguished senior business leaders are telling us that this is just the beginning unless we find the courage to make some major changes quickly."

If you missed it, the whole speech can be accessed here:

Al Gore Speech

Now if you excuse me, I have to go buy some solar panels for my roof...and stock pile my emergency supply of canned vegetables...and install my windmill...and ride my bike to the store...and replace ALL my lightbulbs with the squiggly kind...and then turn them all off...

No comments: