Thursday, August 14, 2008

Have chips; Will eat

My secret to healthier eating is not buying foods that I like, thereby eating less (ok, at least less junk food). Since I do the grocery shopping, I get to decide what goes in the cart. Genius, isn't it? On top of that, I've been blessed with a distaste for chocolate so that has never been a downfall for me.

Potato Chips? Well, that's another story!!

I hosted 3 different BBQ's over the course of the last week and out of courtesy to my guests I picked up 2 of those big BJ-sized bags of reduced fat Cape Cod chips. Oh yea, baby. The crunchy kind. All curled up so you can pop them one after the other in your mouth - for hours - in front of the TV - and suddenly the whole bag is gone. And reduced fat means jack...it's just a justification to make it into the shopping cart!

On top of that, my girlfriend brought a bag of Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Cape Cod chips - crunchier than the reduced fat and loaded with yummy salt - AND SHE LEFT THEM BEHIND WHEN SHE LEFT!!!

Add some dip to mix - any kind of dip - and I have just blown 8 months of careful, calculated eating in just 7 days. I guess I'll just have to finish off the bags this weekend so they aren't sitting in my pantry screaming my name around 8:15 every night. Amazing what some carbs, grease and salt can do to my stamina.

No comments: