Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How do I compete with that?

For months my daughter has wanted to do a sleepover with her friend down the street. It seems near impossible to get them together for weekly play dates for 2 hours each Wed, let alone coordinate a sleepover.

I was finally able to secure some dates with her friend's Mom and we are aiming for this Thursday for her friend to sleep here and then next Monday for Abby to sleep there.

I was hesitant to share the news because I thought I would hear about it every hour, but last night I let her in on the plan:

Me: "Hey Ab. Guess what? I talked to K's Mom and we planned for her to sleepover on Thursday night and you'll go to their house next week to sleepover."

Her: "Really? Did you just see what the kitty did? It was so cute. She rubbed her head against my leg."

Score
Kitty: 230 Mom: 0

I'm losing the excitement factor to a cat.

No comments: