Monday, June 16, 2008

For my son

Tonight I went upstairs to check on my son after I put him to bed. He's had a nagging cough and I wanted to see if he was sleeping soundly. As I opened his door a crack I heard a little voice say,

"Come sleep with me..."

Tonight I could not say no. I have been extremely moved and touched by the recent death of political moderator Tim Russert and his amazing and loving relationship with his only son. I felt that the least I could do, on this cool and cloudy night, was lay in bed next to my only son and listen to his little heart beat, feel his breath on my face and hold his warm hands. I wanted him to know that there was nothing more important in my world tonight than him.

As I began to drift off to sleep next to him, I felt him turn in towards me, angling to get a little closer and I felt this overwhelming love and comfort as he proceeded to stick his finger up my nose!!

Sleep tight little one. Momma had to share this story with the world.

1 comment:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Ahhhhh, sweet. . .sort of! LOL. They always have the ability to turn a 'moment' on its head, don't they?