Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer of air guns and swear words

Ahhh...summer is back full force in my neighborhood. Know how I know? They are erecting another new house across the street from me. Just like last summer! Only last summer it was my first season working from my home office and I hadn't fully learned how to tune out any extraneous noises from my head so I could concentrate on work.

This year, I'm prepared. I'm going to sit with my office windows WIDE OPEN and take in the sounds of summer in all their glory. The air guns hammering in nails at lightening speed. The shouts and swears flowing from the mouths of the overweight, sweaty construction workers. The endless beep-beep-beep-beep-beep of the trucks as they back in and out of the site. I can't wait to pick up the trash that gets left behind and blows so gently onto my front lawn.

Yes my friends, it's summer in my neighborhood. Oh look - the cement truck has arrived to pour the foundation, yipeeee!

No comments: