Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I could never be a drug addict

Coming down from the high is just too painful.

After floating until 12:30 a.m. watching the election - after I promised myself to call it quits well before 11:15 a.m. - I awoke to the painful reminder that I stayed up well past my bed time on an adrenaline rush.

So, at noon I am still in my PJ's and slippers. I've tried two cups of CAFFEINE-FREE tea to soothe my election hangover. I've focused lots of energy on work tasks. And then I ate a cupcake with purple frosting and orange and black sprinkles because if I can't kick myself into gear today then I'll let the sugar step in to replace the electoral count high!

At least it looks like there won't be a Super Bowl to worry about this year with the Pats - that would be the next event that would have me sweating, cheering and swearing in front of the TV.

No comments: