Thursday, November 6, 2008

The other man in my life

For over 8 1/2 years we've seen each other almost every day. And every morning, without fail, he gets all excited when I walk downstairs to start my day. It's almost like he's amazed I'm still with him. He sleeps outside the bathroom when I take a shower. He follows me when I go to get something to drink in the kitchen.

And now that the kids are in school and hubby works days, and I'm alone in this house working on marketing plans and press opportunities for hours at a time, he still manages to come running to me when I emerge from my office. You don't get that kind of love in any corporate setting, that's for sure. Most people run away from you when you emerge from your office!

So, I thought it was about time this little guy got noticed. Seems all the glory and the fame goes to my birth children in this blog, but this little man was really the first child I ever took care of. And yes, that's him getting caught up on the furniture - just like the kids - he has two comfy beds in that room but he pushes the limits when he's told he can't do something. Thanks for hanging out with me, Coach! Enjoy the chair today.

No comments: