G-R-O-S-S! That is the only way to describe my house lately. Dirty. Smelly. Cluttered and Crowded. I knew I had two missions today - get the family to church for the 50th anniversary of my daughter's school and CLEAN MY HOUSE. We did the church mission and it went well. Except Alex cried when I told him he couldn't go receive the "cookie" because he wasn't old enough. Cleaning the house was a whole other adventure. Here is what I discovered in my house today:
1. The scatter rug, by the door, that leads to the garage, that we use to go in and out of the house, could have passed as a new beach there was so much sand in it!
2. As I was crouching down in my small bathroom off the kitchen, it became apparent, boys have really bad aim. Nuff said.
3. I neglect everything below my knees. If it requires me to bend down, I apparently don't clean it. Lower section of the dishwasher door, oven door and floorboards would scare even the roaches away!
4. Dust reappears 30 seconds after you dust. I timed it today.
5. Piles never find homes...they just move to different areas of the house. And get taller. And taller.
6. Hmmm...never thought of cleaning the wood railing leading to the second floor. Even my son was impressed with the "dirt print" on the Lysol wipe I used to run up the railing.
7. French doors are lovely to look at, but more than 2 in your house is cleaning suicide. I have 6 :(
8. Kitchen islands aren't islands, they're landfills.